70 Sherwood Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06831
This elegant French style country home in Greenwich has everything that modern living and entertaining can offer: beauty, comfort, quality, location, space, sunlight and a new infinity pool. This home sits up high close to Town and is well connected to private and public schools, the Merritt Parkway, Westchester Airport and the Westchester Mall.
The large and comfortable master bedroom has spacious walk-in closets, a fireplace, a private sitting area and a balcony that looks out to the pond. The elegant master bathroom includes a steam shower. Three further large bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, complete the sleeping quarters on the second floor, two of which have fireplaces. The third floor includes a spacious game room, a walk-in cedar closet, a bar with a Sub Zero fridge as well as the fifth bedroom with en-suite bathroom. The house is served by a 950 pound ThyssenKrupp elevator.
The kitchen with its custom crafted painted wood cabinets and marble countertops and backsplashes includes an expansive breakfast/eat-in area. Two dishwashers, a Viking oven and a Sub Zero fridge and freezer complete the kitchen.
The family room also doubles up as a home theater. There is a more formal and beautiful living room. Each of these rooms has a fire place and a hand-crafted mantle to provide spacious and comfortable day-to-day living and entertaining. The dining room is formal and spacious and has a small kitchen attached to it with yet another dishwasher and elegant cabinets for storage.
The library features solid mahogany paneling and bookcases a masonry fireplace with a granite surround and a wet bar. Beautiful hardwood floors and high ceilings give this home a very real sense of space. This home also has in-built NILES Audio multi-room sound system throughout.
A finished basement includes a sauna, a steam shower in the basement bathroom, a small gym and kitchen, a laundry room, a wine cellar and a three car garage.
The South West facing garden is a pleasure to enjoy as it receives the afternoon sunlight that also shines on the main house. The setting is complete with a heated new infinity pool and Jacuzzi/spa. In order to enjoy the garden in the evenings, landscape lighting was installed in both the front and back gardens. A new 20KW GE generator has also recently been installed for peace of mind.
The exquisite workmanship and beauty of this home defines understated elegance and is the ideal place to live and entertain. Beautifully maintained.
Summary highlight points:
- Elegant French Country Style home
- Location: beautiful street with excellent access to Greenwich trains, Merritt Parkway, Westchester Airport and Mall. Close to Greenwich private and public schools
- Bright home. Abundant natural light. Orientation: East sun in the morning and South West facing patio and garden.
- Two acre estate
- 7,800 square feet
- 3 car garage
- Top of the hill effect. Private
- New infinity pool with Jacuzzi/spa
- Five large bedrooms and six bathrooms. Two half bathrooms. Seven fireplaces.
- Spacious and comfortable family room/home theatre off the kitchen
- Solid mahogany wood library
- Hardwood floors throughout
- Third floor home theatre/game room
- Kitchen built-in appliances: Viking double oven/range, Viking vent hood, Sub Zero refrigerator/freezer, Sub Zero under counter refrigerator and Bosch dishwasher
- Sauna and Gym
- Wine cellar
- Solid wood doors
- NILES Audio multi-room sound system. In-built speakers throughout home (library, living room, dining room, family room, kitchen, master bedroom and bath)
- Heated by oil. Tanks in room next to garage.
- Propane gas for generator and pool heating 500 gallon. There is a second 500 gallon propane tank at the back of the house for cooking
- New 20 KW GE Generator
- 950 pound capacity ThyssenKrupp elevator
- Property is fenced
- Electric gate
Excluded: Music equipment from third floor home theatre/game room
- Charles Paternina, Listing Broker
- Tel.: (203) 622 3189